The mission of the school library program is to ensure that students are empowered to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
Lower School: Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p. m (additional days upon request)
Upper School: 8:00 a.m.-3:20 p.m. Monday-Friday
Lower School Library Services:
The lower school library provides access to 5,000 print resources and 90 chromebook laptops for student use at school. Students in Tiny 2’s through 2nd grade visit the library on a weekly basis for book checkout and lessons. Grades 3-6 visit the library during scheduled visits with their teachers to extend classroom learning.
Upper School Library Services:
- 9,000 print resources
- Student Computers with Microsoft Office software
- Printing and copying services
- A Dremel Digilab 3D printer for student use
- Assistance with school Google accounts and chromebooks
- Assistance with research, papers, and projects
- Access to online eBook and audiobook collection anytime, anywhere from www.mackinvia.com (see librarian for password)
- Access to World Book Online at www.worldbookonline.com anytime (see librarian for password)
- Access to www.turnitin.com for plagiarism prevention
Louisiana State Library Resources:
We recommend that all students have a public library card so that they can access to free ebooks, audiobooks, databases for academic research, and online tutoring services/ACT test prep. Go to http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us/ to access these free resources.