The JCCS library provides an extensive collection of print and digital resources as well as services to support the curriculum and the academic needs of our students and faculty. Instruction and support are delivered to every grade level so that each student develops information literacy skills and an appreciation of literature.
The mission of the JCCS library is to ensure that students are empowered to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
Lower School Library Services:
The lower school library provides access to an extensive collection of print and digital resources along with chromebooks for each student in 1st-6th grade. Students in Pre-K 2 through 2nd grade visit the library on a weekly basis. Grades 3-6 visit the library during scheduled visits with their teachers to extend classroom learning. The goal of the library is to foster a love of literature and provide support to the curriculum with instruction in research, computer use, and other objectives requested by teachers.
Upper School Library Services:
- Extensive collection of books for check-out
- Assisting students with Chromebooks, Google Apps, and access to websites
- Student Computers with Microsoft Office and Adobe Publishing software
- Loaning of Chromebook laptops for student use
- Printing and copying Services
- Assistance with research, papers, and projects
- Access to online eBook and audiobook collection from www.mackinvia.com (email email@example.com for password)
- Access to World Book Online at www.worldbookonline.com (email firstname.lastname@example.org for password)
- Access to various online subscriptions to support the curriculum
- Dremel Digilab 3d Printer for student use
Louisiana State Library Resources:
We recommend that all students have a public library card so that they can access to free ebooks, audiobooks, databases for academic research, and online tutoring services/ACT test prep. Go to http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us/ to access these free resources.
Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
JCCS complies with the Children's Internet Protection Act in the following ways: implementing an internet safety policy, providing internet safety informational sessions for parents during Student Orientation in the school library, maintaining internet filtering and protection service provided by ParaTech LLC, and providing internet safety lessons to students at the beginning of each school year.