Admission is based on, but not limited to, a student’s academic performance, discipline records, and attendance records. The admissions committee must be satisfied that the prospective student wants to attend and he/she can contribute to and be benefited by the traditions and standards of the John Curtis Christian School.
To be considered for admission the following procedure must be observed:
- An application and registration fee must be completed and filed with the admissions office.
- A picture of the applicant must accompany the application.
- The student’s grades for the past 2 year’s school work and achievement test scores must be sent to the registrar’s office before final acceptance can be made.
- When a student applies for the first time, a birth certificate, health records, and social security number must be presented.
- An interview with the parent or guardian and applicant should be scheduled upon submitting the application. JCCS has a selective admission policy based on the above criteria.
- Each student is reconsidered every year for readmission. Readmission will be based on attitude, behavior both in and out of school, and academic achievement.
- Each student entering the high school must work out his program of studies for the rest of his/her high school career with the counselor. This program of studies must be approved by the parent.